Day 2. Today I took on the bathroom. Oh joy of joys! I will admit now that it's clean I feel so much better. During it's decline I was embarrassed about the mess and would actually apologize if someone other than myself had to use it. It wasn't THAT bad, but I know how it feels to use someone elses' bathroom that isn't "company clean", and it's not fun.
I have been in people's bathrooms that qualify to be on reality shows about housekeeping or hoarding, and that was when they knew they would be having people over. I personally found that very inconsiderate, and here I was inflicting that on other people. Shameful.
On to the pictures!
(above) Sink area before. Yuck.
(above) Sink area after- yea!
(above) Gross splattered mirror.
(above) Crystal clean!
(above) Close up of sink before. Ewwww.
(above) Sink looking all shiny and new!
(above) Storage shelf before. Clutter City.
(above) Storage shelf after. Much better.
(above) Glass shelving before. Please note my "Ghetto iHome" (aka an old computer speaker) that I used to play music loud enough to sing to in the shower.
(above) Glass shelves after. I removed the Ghetto iHome and replaced it with the (used and gifted) real thing in another part of the bathroom.
(above) Overall view before.
(above) Overall view after. Ahhhh.
I have now officially cleaned 1/2 of my suite, and have the sewing room and closet to go. I think I will try to tackle the sewing room next, the closet scares me a little...
On a side note: Last night after I finished cleaning I decided to try and make my own wrap from a tutorial I found on Pinterest. It was originally posted on Behind The Seams under her DIY projects. It involves taking 1 square yard of fabric and cutting 2 holes in it. Simple! I will admit that I wanted to finish the edges and not leave them raw, so I turned the hem and reinforced the arm holes with some stitching. If I were to make another in a different color, I would possibly cut the arm holes a little closer to the folded edge. She recommends 6 inches down and 6 inches in, but for me I'm thinking 5 inches in might give me the little bit of give I seem to need to prevent it pulling across my back like it does now. (The girl who posted the tutorial does seem to be petite, whereas I am not, so her measurements may be perfect for her but not everyone else.) Here's the end result:
The color is actually a really pretty blood red, but the color kept washing out in the photos. Next time I would like to try a marigold yellow if I can find the right type of fabric in that shade!