Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reality Check Progress: Day 1

Google Image Result for http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/56/5639/9JIMG0
Believe it or not, I actually got up this morning and started cleaning my junk-pit of a suite. I mainly focused on my bedroom and the results feel so nice compared to the way it was. Now I can walk around without tripping over clothes on the floor or getting crumbs on my feet. Everything is washed, hung up, vacuumed, dusted, etc. I even washed and ironed my curtains!


There is some more detailed cleaning that I would like to get to, but if I get that hyper-focused now I will loose time on making progress where it is really needed and burn myself out in the process. So, without further ado, here is what I accomplished today:

(above) The nightstand before, since I didn't get a decent shot of it yesterday.

(above) Nightstand after.

(above) Crumbs and dust bunnies galore.

(above) All clean, and I even tried a new trick I came across on Pinterest.  You take one of those office clips and run your cords through them to keep them from falling to the floor.  I did it for my iPhone charger.

(above) Dusty mirror before.

(above) Mirror after I attacked it with my feather duster and Windex.  This would have been a perfect job for the Rags in a Bag if I had some...

(above) Book/movie shelf before, also doubles as a place to put pop cans I no longer have room for on the nightstand.

(above) Book/movie shelf after.

(above)  All the dishes that had to go downstairs to be washed.

(above) A reminder how my bedroom looked last night.

(above) The end result!



2 comments:

Krissy July 6, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

You forgot that big hairball on your bed :-)

Rosie July 8, 2011 at 6:03 AM  

Yay Chandra! I'm just happy to see you back online, I was just wondering today if you were all right.