Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reality Check Photo Op

So once again I have been a bad blogger AND a bad FlyBaby.  It's a good thing I named this blog "FlyLady Flunky" and not "Tales of the Bestest FlyLady Follower EVER" or I think the other FlyBabies would show up at my house brandishing pitchforks and torches. (Or perhaps timers and Rags in a Bag?)

To sum things up since I last posted, I left my job.  That's the big highlight in my life.  And yes I quit and wasn't fired, but it wasn't a planned quitting.  It was a  "I can no longer allow them to treat me this way and still claim to have any shreds of self respect left." type of situation.  That's all I really want to say about that.

So here I am, unemployed, bored, with no new job prospects on the horizon.  That gets really depressing really fast.  You would think that with all this time on my hands I would have the cleanest house ever, but depression doesn't work like that.  Instead things seem so much harder than they really are and you move in slow motion.  Procrastination is now my middle name.  I really need to get back into the swing of things, starting with my living quarters.

I logged onto Facebook tonight and saw that FlyLady had put out a challenge for everyone to post pictures of their messy houses online as motivation to get things cleaned up.  I've decided to take that challenge but post them here on Ye 'Ol Blog to help motivate me to write again.  Two birds with one stone if you will...

Here are the before pictures of my current state of living, no excuses made.  (Except the aforementioned depressing unemployment situation.)

(above) Bedroom.  Clean laundry dumped onto the floor.  Bed unmade.  Collection of 20 (yes 20!) pop cans hiding behind my laptop screen on the nightstand.  Oh. The. Shame.

(above) Closet.  Mostly the Ex's stuff he still needs to come and get, but I used to have it all neatly stacked and awaiting his arrival.  Now it's been rummaged through and prohibiting easy access to anything else in there.

(above) Bathroom.  More pop cans.  Dirty clothes on the floor.  Everything needs a good scrubbing.  (I did clean the bathtub tonight- go me!)

(above) Sewing room.  MORE pop cans, unfinished projects, dirty socks and dust bunnies.

There you have it.  My pathetic mess of a life manifesting itself as a pathetic mess of a house.  Hopefully the public humiliation will help motivate me to get back into gear, out of this slump and have, as my Dad once said "an abnormally clean room" once again.  Words of encouragement and swift kicks in the rear will be appreciated.

0 comments: