Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pretty Purple Purse=Good Day For FlyLady Flunky

Ok, ok.  I didnt really stay on track today with getting things cleaned up around here.  I didnt let anything get WORSE, so I'm looking at this from a glass-half-full perspective.

Today I did a favor for my Aunt D, which involved some tooling around in the car.  At my final destination I found myself next to Target, and I realized I still had a few dollars left on a gift card that was burning a hole in my wallet...

What I really wanted to buy was a new purse, since the one I have been using for the past 2 years (day in and day out) is neither fashionable nor in the best of shape, but purses have been one of the few things Target disappoints me on.  They do have a much better selection online, but I hate choosing stuff like that without being able to get my hands on it.

I also need a new wallet, as the hand-me-down Liz Claiborne one I have also been using day-in-day-out (for 4 years!) was also getting a tad ratty.  But alas, nothing was really striking my fancy.  I wandered over to the clearance jewelry section (cause that's how I roll) and something pretty and purple caught my eye.  There, among the gaudy over sized rings and pendants was a cute little greyish-purple clutch purse, also on clearance for $3.75!  I inspected it and deemed it to have enough places for all my cards, checkbook, cash, etc. and carried it protectively under my arm for the rest of my shopping trip.  Ain't nobody gonna steal my purple purse!

(above) Wallet before.   : /

(above) Wallet after!   :)

So yes, its technically a clutch purse and not a wallet like I intend to use it, but what, are the purse police gonna come after me? I don't think so.

I also scored a pair of the jeans I like, also on clearance for $10.00!  Do you know how hard it is for me to find even one pair in my size, fit, and bootcut when they are full price?  Normally I have to walk out of the store empty handed and wait for them to hopefully get more in next time, and here they were, and 1/2 price.  Sold!

All in all I would say I had a good, albeit unproductive day.

2 comments:

Penelope May 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM  

I just found your site and love it, are you coming back to post more?

Amber December 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

Hi! Just started reading (and following) your site and love it! And I thought I was the only person that would find a treasure bury in protectively so no one dares to steal it from me! and the purple wallet is adorable..


If you want you can follow me at http://bookgeekspeaks.blogspot.com/