Friday, August 6, 2010

Cha-cha-cha-changes...


So, guess what... (Look at the picture to the left if you need a hint.)  Yeah.  I'm moving again.  Just as I got a handle on my routines and really felt like this was a "home" of sorts, things are changing.

My roommate has decided to move to another state where there are more jobs in his career field, where as there are very few where we live.  This means he wants to move out of the apartment at the end of the month, leaving me with 3 weeks to figure out where  I am going to live since I can't afford the rent on my measly salary.

It seems as though I will be moving back in with my parents an hour away from where I work.  There is good and bad to this.  The hardest part will be the gas money required to drive to and from work now- the last time I lived this far away my car had much better mileage.  My new (to me) and cute PT Cruiser aka Norma Jeane only seems to be getting an average of 22 combined MPG.  Granted the area I live in is very hilly, so maybe it will improve when I'm back in the flat-lands.

I am also frustrated that just as I got my routines and Zones established I am going to have to throw most of it out the window and create new ones that pertain to my new living environment and lifestyle.  Oy.  I am so looking forward to that.

But, like I said, there is good to all of this:  I am getting off the couch and back into my very own bed!  I had just been hoping that when I did it would be into my own place, not with my parents- again. Oh well, I guess this will give me the opportunity to try out FlyLady's Moving Tips. Oh lucky me!  ;)

1 comments:

Marty August 8, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Good luck to you on your move. The drive is gonna suck though=( Enjoy the rest of yor weekend.