Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FlyLady Fortune

Just thought I'd pop in and let y'all know I'm still here after a few days with no blogging. I went home to my parents' house as per usual on my days off, but left right after work on Sunday this time instead of waiting until Monday afternoon.  I wish I could say it was an uneventful trip but I can't.  My mother was admitted into the hospital for the third time in recent months for another cancer related complication.  This time it seems there may be another major surgery to correct what is wrong.  Ugh.

When I arrived home tonight I got right into gear unpacking my belongings and going about my before bed routine so I can be all set to go tomorrow morning for work.  My roommate had gotten himself some Chinese food for dinner and offered me one of his fortune cookies.  I cracked it open and was surprised at what it said:


Seems pretty fitting for someone who writes a blog about FlyLady, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Mr. Condescending July 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

I hope your mom's ok!

And of course you too :)

Anonymous,  July 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Oh wow. When I saw the fortune cookie message, it sent chills down my spine. Lol. Fitting indeed!

My best wishes go out to your mom. I hope it all goes well.

Anonymous,  July 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Oh wow. When I saw the fortune cookie message, it sent chills down my spine. Lol. Fitting indeed!

My best wishes go out to your mom. I hope it all goes well.

Jessica July 21, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

I'm sorry to hear about your mom :-(

Pretty crazy about the fortune cookie message, though!