Friday, July 16, 2010

BabyStep 29: Pampering With Polish

I'm in the home stretch with the BabySteps!  Today I took a look at BabyStep 29, which is to set some time to enjoy FlyLady's Weekly Pamper Mission.  Every week there is a new mission posted on the Home page and they can include anything from taking time to give yourself a facial, to the current mission of decluttering your music collection down to music that you really love and taking the time to listen to it.

I don't know how much I will do the actual weekly missions they throw out there, as I am not what I consider "high maintenance" when it comes to my beauty routine.  I pretty much cover the basics on a daily basis when I take off my makeup at night and brush my teeth.  In the morning I put my makeup back on, I color my hair every few weeks when the greys start to create a skunk-stripe along my part (yes, I am 27 and am somewhere around 40% grey.  It sucks.), and throw in shaving and plucking my eyebrows a couple times a week for good measure. 

Other than that I don't really have personal care activities that need doing, nor do I want to add any.  Sure, giving myself a facial sounds nice, but I never found they really did me much good nor did I enjoy doing it.  In fact, it was a hassle and felt more like work than pampering.  Over the years I have tried several things that many consider "pampering" that I also felt were more work than they were worth, and cost more money than I cared to spend.  Over the past year or so you could say that I have actually "decluttered" my pampering rituals and have narrowed it down to the above mentioned routines.

The point of all this is, while some of FlyLady's Weekly Pamper Missions may sound good and worth trying, overall I will be sticking with one pampering activity that truly makes me feel good:  painting my toes red.  I can't paint my fingernails due to my job (sadly, nail polish as we know it wasn't around until the 1920's after the advent of car paint, so it would be rather out of place with my 1860's look), so I just do my toes.  And I love red toes. 

(Not my toes, thank you Google Image search!)

No one really even sees them but me and my roommate (I don't even own a pair of sandals or flip-flops anymore), but when I am at home and barefoot I love looking down and seeing my vintage-looking red toes.  It makes me happy.  So- Sunday is now my designated toe-polishin' day.  Mmmm.  I wish it was Sunday...

1 comments:

amyk July 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

I am currently on Day2 of this FLYing stuff. Your blog is a nice, refreshing way of looking at it. I do hope you keep blogging even though you're nearly finished with the beginner baby steps.

P.S.- I paint my toes a nice shade of red too, and my family are the only people who ever see them!