Monday, July 26, 2010

BabyStep 30: Seeing Into The Future

Well, I just did what FlyLady said to do for this BabyStep, and checked my calendar for next month's events.  Not much to report here- no birthdays that warrant the buying of a card or gift (I am going to eat my words if there is and it just isn't on my calendar and that person reads this, so I hope I'm right!), no major events involving pre-planning, nor is there much of...anything.  Oh, I do have some library books due, and I do put those on my calendar so I make sure to return/renew them on time, but that's pretty much it.

FlyLady also mentions in this step to check out her Basic Weekly Plan and give it a few minutes of thought.  I did this a while back and have slowly begun to implement into my life, here is what I have so far:


Monday is the day we need to take the trash cans to the curb, Wednesday is FlyLady's assigned day to do those crap jobs we put off doing.  Friday is the day I go fill up and clean out my car, and I have moved my Weekly Pampering session of painting my toes to Saturday since I started leaving for my parents' house right after work Sunday night.

Somewhere in there I really need to have an "Errands Day", but I'm still trying to figure that one out.  It would be OK to have my basic grocery shopping on the same day of the week, but there are certain places I have to go for that one special thing that is totally out of my way from any other place I shop.  Case and point- cat food.  I get my cats' food from a Mom and Pop pet store near where I work, but to get there it's actually a couple miles past work in an area I never go otherwise.  When I'm low on cat food I have to plan ahead to make a special trip out there and this only occurs once every couple weeks.  The perfectionist in me wishes I could work it out so all my errands were done on one day and were all in close proximity to one another so I could get them all done at once- bam bam bam!  But, that's not gonna happen. Boo.

In other news:  The Home Routines iPhone app I use as my Control Journal announced about a week ago that they had submitted a new version to the application-powers-that-be.  I'm very excited to see the new features, but it's still awating approval!  I've been checking for the update several times a day every day, but still nothing.  It's driving me nuts!

1 comments:

Rosie July 27, 2010 at 2:10 AM  

It's driving us nuts too! Waiting sucks.