Saturday, July 10, 2010

BabyStep 27: Table For One

Oy.  Long day at work.  But I got to have some fun pretending my work house was for sale, and my character has a new love interest, so that's always a plus! ;)  Anyway, the Baby Step I was assigned today was to start making a point of thinking about what I will be having for dinner before 6:00 rolls around and add this as a step in my Control Journal.  Wah. 

I used to do this all the time- I had a menu planning day and a grocery shopping day, and even went so far as to work left overs into the whole equation to stretch my budget.  That was back when I was living with my then-boyfriend.  Now that I am with my roommate I have made the attempt to get back in this habit, but it's pretty rare when he and I share a meal.  He and I have more of a "you eat what you want, I'll eat what I want" system, with a mutual meal thrown in here and there.  Sometimes this happens when he makes something and is able to eat all but a tiny portion and gives the rest to me, and sometimes I will make a stew or the like in the crock pot and share it with him.

Menu planning and cooking for one person is kind of hard, especially when that someone eats like a bird, i.e. me.  I am hardly what you would call a foodie.  I like my food simple, especially when I am making it myself.  The fewer ingredients the better.  I also fill up quickly (a Happy Meal is about the maximum amount of food  I can eat in one sitting), so even if I make something easy like Hamburger Helper it ends up being enough for 5 meals for me.  I simply cannot eat the same thing that many times in a row before getting sick of it, so some of it ends up going to waste.  Sigh.

Right now I live off of the food I make at work, Ramen Noodles, cereal and Miracle Whip sandwiches.  That last one has two ingredients- Miracle Whip and bread.  I love it.  Sometimes I revert back to an old favorite of mine, A-1 sandwiches.  Double yum.  I am hardly what you would call a healthy eater, can you tell?

1 comments:

Unknown July 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Oh, girl! You have to start eating better! ;)))
have you ever thought of freezing your unused portions of food? This would stretch your budget & allow you to make healthier meals. ;)))