Friday, July 2, 2010

BabyStep 25: It Ain't Gonna Happen Overnight

OK, enough fartin' around. I've been flying for over a month and I still haven't finished the BabySteps. I haven't fallen off the wagon, but life gets in the way, you know?  It's time to knock the last of these puppies out.

Today's BabyStep is to learn how FlyLady's routines developed.  She wrote a personal testimonial about how this was done, one step at a time.  The gist of it was this:  It didn't happen overnight.  I need to remember this.  I still have days where I just feel too tired or lazy to do every single thing in one of my routines, and then I beat myself up the next morning and feel like a failure. 

The funny thing is, none of these things are that important.  If they aren't done the world will not come to end.  I need to recognize that I have done so much already and made several life-style changes in such a short amount of time, and anything I do in my day is benefiting me, even if it all isn't completed by the end of the night.  Not doing one thing does not erase all the other good things I did that day.

Sorry for the short (and not well thought out post), but it's time for bed.  So tired.  It's that funny life thing getting in the way again.

0 comments: