Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

Sorry for no post yesterday and for not having moved on to the next BabyStep yet- I promise I'm not slacking!  This week I am working longer hours than usual and have had to let a couple of things in my routines slide (trying to learn that "good enough" is good enough).  I just don't want to overdo it by adding another step into the routine when I'm just trying to get through the week and maintain the house while not letting it get worse, but not making real progress either.

OK, so this post isn't exactly wordless, but I do wish to conclude with some window shopping I am doing.  These are all things that I really want from the FlyLady store but can't possibly afford.  Not that they are overpriced, but I struggle to to get the bills paid AND still afford food. There is no room left for luxuries, no matter how much they would help my FLYing.


Want level: 6/5


Want level: 4/5


Want level: 5/5


Want level: 4/5


Want level: 4/5


Want level: 4/5

I'm sure my mother would say: "How does it feel to want?"

3 comments:

L Harris June 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

I like Flylady's products. I get her calendar every year. I have the dish towels (LOVE LOVE LOVE them) and I have the travel mug. I want the water bottle too. The rest of your list, I guess I just don't see a need for. Maybe I haven't read enough testimonies about them. :)

Dr.Kim June 3, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

I'm so glad to be doing the Babystep Challenge with a group! Since you're blogging your babysteps, come on over to mine & link up your blog. It's fun to read of everyone's progress. http://familynatural.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-lace-up-shoes-flylady-babystep-2.html

Lee June 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

I swear, the second you have the available cash for the Rags in a Bag, GET THEM. So, so worth it. I don't get WHY they work so well, and maybe it's just because they're pretty and purple and make me happy. But I can clean with these better than anything in the world. Serious. If I think about it, when the parents are gone, I'll find something disgusting and try cleaning it with a regular rag vs. a Flylady one and blog about it.
Rubba Scrubba can be handy-- I keep one in the car (I have a three year old. Goldfish cracker crumbs. 'Nuff Said.)
I haven't tried her sweeper- have some "As Seen on TV" variety that I bought B.F. (Before Flying). Can be handy, but I don't use it as much.
Swisha- it's good, but save it till your regular toilet brush has GOT to GO. I haven't noticed a huge difference with this-- but when we moved in our house, we put in a new toilet, so I'm not sure that I'm the right person to comment about it lol.
Water Bottle? Order it with the rags if you can. It DOES NOT LEAK. (Provided you remember to put the top on LOL). It DOES NOT SWEAT. Any testimonial you've read about it is true. Worth its weight in gold.
Haven't tried the dish towels, but I'm tempted. I'm also temped by the travel mug, but like you say, there are other things that need to be purchased first. Also lusting after the Fly Mop-- a friend has one and it's awesome. I tried getting some rubbermaid kind that "looked" like Flylady's-- and it's total crap. Pft.
And was just thinking today how much a car duster would make my life easier.
Okay I'm going to shut up now lol