Monday, May 31, 2010

Holiday Housework

Since I was gone all of Saturday and most of Sunday I had some catching up to do.  I'm not saying the house went to pot while I was gone, but there were a few things that I had to do (like scooping the litter box) when I got home.  My roommate did a good job keeping things tidy as well as feeding my cats, for which I was appreciative.

I didn't have any Memorial Day plans, nor did I mind not having plans.  I actually could have gone somewhere today, but actually preferred staying home to get caught up.  I really didn't want to feel behind before the work week started.  I did my usual routine, plus did a couple extras that really needed doing but don't really fall into my WHB or Zone work.  One of these extras was turning this nasty window fan:



Into this:


The whole job took only about 1/2 an hour because my roommate actually -wait for it- OFFERED TO HELP!  Gasp!  A man offering to help clean!  Bring me my smelling salts, I think I shall faint!  I had been planning to wash the outer screen parts in the bathtub, but my roommate said he had a garden hose and would I rather do it that way?  I said yes, a hose would save me from having to clean the tub when I was done, and then he TOOK THE SCREENS OUTSIDE AND DID IT FOR ME!  I think I'm still in shock.

3 comments:

Denise in SC May 31, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

Great! You are proving that men could possibly be trainable! Ask him if he will come clean my fans too?

Christi June 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

Guys aren't that bad....all the time! lol

Jessica June 1, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Aww, what a nice roommate! I don't think my husband would think to help without asking. What a nice thing to do :-)