Saturday, June 5, 2010

BabyStep 22: A Change In The Wind

I'm going to try and keep this short.  I know I have said this before, but I am exhausted!  Today was the last of these longer-than-usual days at work, and I am happy to say that despite the increased hours the apartment is looking better than ever.  I am making deep-cleaning progress everyday with my Zone work, and thanks to the 10 minute Weekly-Home-Blessing chore I do every day it stays maintained.  It's been difficult considering I have been going into work at my usual time, but staying 3 hours longer, leaving me less time in the afternoon/evening to do everything I need to do.

Tomorrow will be the first day of what will be my regular work schedule for the rest of the summer/early fall.  I will be leaving the house 1 1/2 hours later than I have been lately, so I think I will continue with my current bedtime/wake up schedule, but shift my Zone and WHB work into that extra 1 1/2 hours I now have in the morning.  This way I won't be doing my cleaning while I am already exhausted after work and will now have my evenings free to relax before it's time to start my Before Bed Routine.  It's like found time! (At least, I'm hoping that's how it feels.)

Here is how I think this will go:

7:30- Wake up.

7:30-10:15- Morning Routine/10 mins WHB, 15 mins Zone work.

10:15: Leave for work.

10:45-5:15- Work.

5:45- Get home from work.

5:45-9:30 Afternoon/after work routine (even though that BabyStep has yet to come!), consisting of nothing more than feeding the cats, laundry, and balancing the checkbook. Relax!

9:30- Begin Before Bed Routine.

11:30: Bed.

That's the plan, man!

OK, I need to end this, I want to spend 15 minutes tackling this cluttered cleaning closet:


Oh yeah, today's BabyStep was about getting my butt in gear and creating my Control Journal in case I have been procrastinating in doing so.  I haven't.  I still use my iPhone app "Home Routines" everyday, I feel like it's my lifeline.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 7, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

I use the Home Routines iPhone app too :-)

Sounds like you are doing such a great job. You're a flybaby rockstar! Keep us posted on the cleaning closet. It really doesn't look that bad to me to begin with. You should see some of my closets :-p

Btw, I added you to my RSS reader.

NikkiStarr June 11, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Your CJ can be anything, an app, a notebook, 3/5 cards, a paper towel LOL! J/K. Actually if it was a Bounty paper towel it might hold up to a gel pen. I don't have an iPhone. If I did I would bug FlyLady to make an app. I've heard people like the one you are using. Glad it's working for you. FYI, I know you're gonna be gone for a few days, but I will be churning butter Sunday. Wish me luck!