Thursday, June 10, 2010

BabyStep 23: Afternoon Delight

Need to knock this out really quick, I won't be able to blog for a couple of days and hate just disappearing from blog-land.

Today's BabyStep is to set an afternoon routine.  Check.  Did it a looong time ago.  Had to, or else (for me) nothing would have gotten done Weekly Home Blessing or Zone work-wise.  Since my change in hours at work those two things have since been moved to my morning routine, so my after work/afternoon routine looks like this:


It's so nice to be able to come home and not have much to do.  Sometimes I have been doing a little extra in the evenings, but the feeling that I can come home and actually relax for a bit is soooo wonderful.

In other news, my roommate and I have a tree growing outside our balcony that is now producing small berries very similar to blackberries.  Even though I swept it off a few days ago, the effort was completely fruitless (get it, fruit-less?) because when I got home, it looked like this again:


Sigh.  I Googled "blackberry tree" to try and find out what these berries were/if they were OK to eat.  Turns out it is a "white mulberry tree",  and the fruit is edible, so we picked about 5 cups this afternoon.  I will be attempting to bake them into a pie at work tomorrow.


It was a delightful way to spend the afternoon, and having my routines set they way they are allowed me to do so.  We were also rewarded for our efforts with hands that look like this:


0 comments: