Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gillette, The Best A Girl Can Get...

Hey guys, I just wanted to do a quick post and pass on a money saving tip I found awhile back whilst perusing the black hole of time internet.  I don't even remember how it was I landed upon this video, but I watched it anyway and was intrigued. It's all about how to make disposable razor blades stay sharp for a looooong time by using only your arm! Before you watch I will warn you- the man in the video is shirtless, but you do not see anything below his shoulder line.  I only bring this up because apparently some people were bothered by this according to the comments left on the video.  You have been warned.  Also, the sound is kinda quiet on this one, or at least it was for me, so you might want to turn up the volume a notch or two.



Seems too good to be true, doesn't it?  That's what I thought, but after having tried it for the past year, I have to admit that it seems to do a pretty good job!  I didn't make my razors last as long as he has, but they were pretty far gone before I started this technique and weren't as good as those made-for-guys Gillette Fusions that he was using to begin with. (God I love those things, even if they do cost an arm and a leg and don't come in pretty girl colors.  They work awesome!) I just bought my first new pack of razors in a year, and I'm going to see how long I can make them last this time.

Some people seem to do this same technique, but instead of using your arm they run it up a pair of blue jeans.  Haven't tried that one myself, but it seems worth a shot.  And here's a random thought- I am so tired of men whining about having to shave.  I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, it was socially acceptable for a man to grow a beard in this country, but for a woman to not shave her legs/underarms/etc.- not so kosher.  Plus, when it comes to actual square-inchage of surface area needing to be shaved, I think we ladies have a tougher job. So- zip it boys! End rant.

1 comments:

Bruce Everiss September 20, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Even cheaper is to use a traditional double edged safety razor, the blades can be bought on eBay in bulk for a few pence each. A vintage Gillette blue tip Superspeed would be the perfect tool for the job and are easily available.
Lots more information is on forums like Badger & Blade, blogs like Leisureguy and Bruceonshaving and the Mantic59 videos on YouTube.