Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cruisin' Again!

I HAVE A CAR! I HAVE A CAR I HAVE A CAR I HAVE A CAR!  Ehem. Please excuse me, I lost control there for a minute.  But as I was saying, I am now in possession of an automobile.  I am now the owner of a 2003 PT Cruiser Limited Edition. Sounds fancy, huh?  It has all these bells and whistles that many people consider standard these days, such as power locks and windows.  Yeah, in my last car I had to put forth physical effort to roll my window down.  It was rough. 

It's an older model with high miles, so I am fully expecting things to go wrong eventually. I'm just hoping "eventually" is years from now, ha!  But, the body and interior are in really good shape, and I look pretty cute driving it, if I do say so myself.  Cause we all know that's what is important when it comes to a car...

I took a couple of pics while I was putting things like my jumper cables and my Hey Tom Car Duster away in their new home:


The official color listed on the car title is "Cherry", but I prefer to think of it as a Candy Apple Red. It is also much cuter in real life, the dim lighting does not do it justice.


And of course, my FlyLady License Plate Frame had to be put on.  This is now listed as a "last chance item" in the Fly Shop, so pretty soon this will be a collector's item! ;)

My roommate asked me what my car's name was, to which my reply was a quizzical look. I have no idea what I would name this car; I have never done it before and have always thought it was a weird thing to do.  Maybe I'll try a few out to see how it feels. All I know is I want something with a retro-vintage-1940's-pinup girl-feeling.  Betty?  Candy?  I'm at a loss.  Suggestions?

3 comments:

Rosie June 18, 2010 at 12:56 AM  

That is a beautiful car!

CB June 18, 2010 at 4:43 AM  

Marylin, Ava, Betty, Jane, Jean, Marie, Betty, Connie, Candy, Rita, Mae, Billie, Nita, Gloria, Lilyan, Bebe, Greta, Bessie, Vivian, Lena, Veronica, Viveca, Ella, Gypsy Rose, Ginger, Sandra, Suzy, Sophia, Tempest, Mamie

Mr. Condescending June 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

Pretty rad!

Ginger is good, nice choice CB!