Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bedtime Follow-Up and Happy News

Monday night was my first night with my new set bedtime of 11:30 P.M.  With my current work schedule this gets me about 8 hours of rest, depending on how long it takes me to fall asleep.

I actually did get in bed on time that night even though I didn't have to be at work the next day until 10:30, a little past an hour later than what is normal.  I figured I might as well start the habit on a night where I had a little leeway in the morning in case it took me awhile to fall asleep and I didn't get much rest.  I informed my roommate that he must vacate the living room/my bedroom at that time, which should only be an issue when there is a late night sporting event he wants to watch.  He will just have to deal with it.

I had previously decided that until my work schedule changes once the school-group season at work ends and switches over to the regular public summer season, any days that I have to go in later than normal will still have the same bedtime/wake up time.  Any extra time I have in the morning will be just that- extra time. 

I'm so glad I made that decision, because sure enough Tuesday morning I awoke to find that one of my cats was sick.  I was able to use my extra time to monitor her symptoms and devise a game plan concerning taking her to the vet.  If I had given myself the "gift" of going to bed/getting up later I would not have had time to  do all this and possible not even noticed that something was even wrong. 

I would like to apologize for the lame-ish post here, but I am just soooo tired right now!  There is a big benefit dinner at work this coming Saturday night and I have been so busy at work doing things like detail-cleaning the 1845 house I work in and churning 3 lbs. of butter a day to serve at the dinner, in addition to speaking to the usual  15+ school groups we get per day.  I don't have time to so much as sit down or eat anything the entire time I am there, there is just so much to do!

On an entirely different topic, my friend Kat from The Burb Blog had her baby this morning!  I met Kat about 4 years ago when we both played the same Internet game, The Sims Online.  (Oh, how I miss that game!)  Our avatars became roommates within the game, only to discover afterwards that we were both from he same real life city.  We eventually met face to face and became friends.  I had to move away last year when I lost my job, but we have kept in touch.  She got pregnant with her first child a few months after that, so I have missed her entire pregnancy (which was quite the ordeal- freak blood loss, blood pressure issues and months of bed rest), but all that came to an end at 9:20 this morning when she delivered her 7 lb. 13 oz. baby girl Lucy! (Lulu for short.)  Welcome to the world baby! (Look at those cheeks!)

2 comments:

Jessica May 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

Aww, congratulations to your friend! I love the name Lucy (I'm a big I Love Lucy fan!!) And Lulu is such a cute nickname :-)

Svr May 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Awe.. how sweet! And what a great story about meeting IRL! My best friends all seem to be on-line. :( I almost met one.. we were at the same event but the cell phone coverage was the pits and we didn't hook up. Congrats to your friend!