Sunday, April 25, 2010

BabyStep 3: Deja Vu

Day 3 of FlyLady's Beginner BabySteps is an easy one- doing what we have already done on days 1 and 2.  Either she thinks that practice will make perfect, or she is lulling us into a false sense of  security.  All I have to do is do what I have already done?  This is easy!  Heh heh, nice try FlyLady.  I know this is just the calm before the storm...

I will say that I did better with the getting dressed to lace up shoes thing this morning than I did yesterday.  It's my day off, so I didn't set an alarm, but as soon as I got up I started getting ready for the rest of the day instead of sitting around in my jammies.  The only glitch was that today I planned on making crock pot chili for dinner, which needed to be started right away or we were going to be mighty hungry come meal time!  I got dinner going, and then showered, dressed, brushed teeth,  applied my spackle makeup, etc. 

I would also like to take this opportunity to give a shout  out to my roommate.  On Day 1 I explained to him that in my previous FlyLady attempts I felt frustrated with the shiny sink rule.  I would do my darnedest to keep that thing clean, but with others living in the house it became nearly impossible unless they cooperated and did the same.  I can't tell you how many times I would walk into my kitchen and find a spotty sink with dirty dishes sitting in it.  And this made me maaaaaaad.   And it made me think "Why bother?!", which led me to giving up.  I know this is only Day 3, but so far my current roommate has been very helpful keeping the sink shiny.  In fact, every time he wipes it out, he shouts "I'm shining the siiiink!" across the apartment.  He thinks that his notification system will start to annoy me soon.  I told him it won't- it's music to my ears.

For those of you who may be interested, here is a link to the Crock Pot Chili I am making today.  When made exactly as the recipe is written, even I find it to be a little lacking in the spice department, and I'm not exactly what you would call a spice-lover.  To crank it up a notch I have been doubling the spices listed, adding 1 Tsp. of ground red pepper, and about 1/8 cup of Louisiana Hot Sauce.  This actually cranks it up a few notches, making it too spicy for me, but perfect for my 9-1-1 Hot Wings-ordering roommate.  I need to play with the measurements a little more to find a happy middle ground.  Oh, I normally make it with the ground beef as listed, but today we are trying it with some deer venison we had in the freezer:

0 comments: