Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Things I Did When I Wasn't Here

Hey Y'all, check it out! I ACTUALLY came back and posted the "where the heck I've been in the million years since I last posted" post.  Let's get right to it, shall we?

1.  The last time I wrote a post was July 9, 2011.  I was yammering on about the new purple clutch purse I purchased on clearance at Target and was using as a wallet.  I think that post deserves the "Most Spam Comments EVER" award.  I still use the wallet.

2.  I left my job at the living history museum.  To put it as delicately as possible, I did not feel that I could tolerate the way they treated their staff, and after 2 years I decided I wasn't going to put up with their shenanigans.  I wish I could say I left gracefully, but things had gotten so bad that it went more like this: 
 

There are days where I still miss the place and what I did there, but I had to finally stand up for myself and put my foot down. Since then (I left over a year ago), I have been working at a major university and recently started a new company with several other ex-staff from the museum. We have created our own living history programming and are now able to enjoy the work we do, which is how it should be.

3. I used to post a lot about my Mom's fight against ovarian cancer, and I'm sorry to report that Mom lost that fight on January 24, 2012. The last couple months of her life were a very difficult time involving things no one should have to see their loved one go through. It was physically and emotionally draining, and I don't care to get into detail if you don't mind.

4. There is a new-ish (6 months and still going) man in my life, and surprise of all surprises, last night he agreed to try the FlyLady system with me this time around! Yea, I have a FlyBuddy!

5. I didn't make any New Years resolutions, but I am trying to do this cute little project I found on Pinterest:


It's a cute little jar that you add little memories to throughout the year, and then on New Year's Eve you empty the jar and look at what you'd saved.

I gotta end things here, I need to be leaving for work soon! Laters!

3 comments:

beautybabbling January 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM  

I think I found you after your break (and didn't realize it and subscribed). Anyway, I'm glad you're back. I'm looking forward to your new posts!

Flybaby R,  January 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM  

Yay! I'm glad to find an ongoing FlyLady blog project (I've been doing this for a little over a month and enjoy reading about other people's experiences). I just found your blog this morning, but welcome back anyway.