Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Hard To Smile, But FlyLady Made Me

Two days ago I received devastating, life-altering news.  I don't want to talk about it here, please don't ask what it was.  I'll just say that it's the kind of news that instantly gave me a sense of superficiality about everything I do, from brushing my hair to watching a DVD.

Already I find myself having mood swings ranging from feeling almost normal with my sadness sitting just below the surface, to full-out bawling a few minutes later.  But honestly, after news like this, there is no more normal.

I almost feel like I am doing something wrong as I go about my daily business, completing the tasks in my routines, and sometimes feel like I have weights attached to my clothes as I do so, making a simple chore feel that much more difficult to complete.  I know I have to fight this feeling, because life goes on, but shaking the feeling that everything is so pointless now it hard.  Again, I have to fight it. 

Earlier today I was  searching YouTube for a video of FlyLady when she was on the show "I'm Pregnant and a Hoarder" to show a friend, and while I was there I got sidetracked and started watching some of the other videos on her channel.  I came across one where she is cleaning out rotten potatoes from her potato bin, and the sight of her squealing with disgust and practically gagging actually got a giggle out of me:



Thanks FlyLady for making me smile today, even if I didn't feel like it.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

I'm so sorry that you have received bad news. I also do flylady and find it a challenge. I love your blog and reading about what you are up to. The pictures you use are really cool. I know you are busy but I hope you will post more often. I enjoy your view of the world.
I'll be praying for you,