Saturday, May 1, 2010

BabyStep 7: Pick Out Your Clothes

Yet again I am posting about a BabyStep the day after I should have done it.  This time I am behind on BabyStep 7: Picking Out Your Clothes.  I have a good excuse.  Really, I do.  My dog ate my homeworkMy grandma died.  I got a flat tire... 

Yeah, none of those are true.  My real excuse is that I went back to my hometown yesterday right after work for a doctor's appointment, then went to go see mi familia when I was done.  I stayed much later than I had planned and ended up spending the night because I hate driving in the dark and just didn't feel like it.  And it's kinda hard to pick out your clothes when you don't have any with you!

I arrived back home this afternoon fully expecting to find an unshine-ified sink awaiting me.  Imagine my surprise when  I took a peek and it looked just as nice as it did when I left yesterday!  I was so pleased my roommate had been considerate enough to keep it clean while I was gone (as well as feeding my kitties), so I made a point of thanking him.  That's when he made his little confession...

Turns out he did make an effort to keep the sink clean- by not using it.  He said he didn't want to have to wipe it out, so he instead used the nearby bathroom sink to rinse his dinner dishes (including a pan that Hamburger Helper was cooked in) before putting them in the dishwasher.  OK...  Not exactly the route I would have taken, but I can identify with the getting annoyed with drying the sink every time you have to rinse a dish.  I guess it's the thought that counts.

Anyway, back to today's (yesterday's) BabyStep.  I have now picked out my clothes for tomorrow and hung them on the bathroom door hook.  Here is my proof:


See that pink thing?  Yeah, you are totally looking at tomorrow's choice of underwear.  You're welcome.  The other brightly colored thing is my pair of neon-rainbow-striped knee socks.  I'm a total fashionista, can't you tell? 

Actually, getting back into this habit is going to prove helpful for me.  My roommate and I share a one-bedroom apartment, so he sleeps in the bedroom and I sleep on the couch.  Not the most ideal living arrangement, but whatcha gonna do?  I'm actually OK with and used to the couch, but the problem is that my clothes are in his closet in the bedroom.  There have been times where I had to get up and dressed on his day to sleep in, and I end up waking him up while rummaging through the closet.  (Of which I only get 25% of the space in...Just sayin'.)  By laying out my clothes the night before he can catch up on his much needed beauty sleep uninterrupted. 

I was hoping to write a second post tonight, I have found an iPhone app that is PERFECT for the FlyLady system and am itching to tell you about it.  But alas, I took some Excedrin earlier and now it feels like it's eating a hole through my stomach.  Pepto didn't help.  Second post must wait.  Later!

1 comments:

CB May 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

i hope you do not mind i kind of copied your idea of doing a blog about FLYing. http://cb-flying.blogspot.com/ i still have my regular blog that i am doing too. As far as the Excedrin with your stomach try taking it with milk next time that might help.