Thursday, May 6, 2010

BabyStep 11: Bombshell Inspiration

Sigh.  Today's assignment is to add an inspirational page to our Control Journals and spend 15 minutes filling it with our favorite inspirational quotes.  Oh brother.

It's not that I'm against the idea. I like quotes, I really do.  I just don't have any "favorites" that come to mind so that I can write them down.  I basically spent my 15 minutes Googling phrases like "Inspirational Quotes" and "Quotes about cleaning", just trying to get something good to add to my page.  The whole process left me very uninspired. 

Finally, I remembered a quote by Marilyn Monroe in which she said:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

I really, really like this quote.  I like it because as beautiful, talented and famous as she was, she was nowhere near perfect.  In fact, she was quite the "hot mess".  (I picked that one up from my younger sisters.)  And yet, all those negative personality traits are just part of a bigger package that in the end, is pretty wonderful. 

I wouldn't exactly call this an inspirational quote per se, but more of a reminder that when I am getting down on myself for all my bad traits (which include most of Marilyn's), that they don't make me a bad person.  People are sort of a grey-area.  You have to take the good with the bad, and look at the whole package.  Even in yourself. 

0 comments: