Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flying...Again.

I will not begin this blog by singing the praises of the housekeeping guru that is FlyLady, nor will I go into much detail about who/what she is.  If you stumbled upon this blog though a search engine, chances are you already know these things.  Instead, I will tell my story regarding FlyLady, and how it has affected me.  The good, and the bad.

My experience with FlyLady began about 2 years ago, maybe even three.  I believe I heard about her from a friend, but it's been so long I'm not even sure about that.  What I am sure of, is that like everything else that is new and interesting to me, I dove in head first with a vengeance.  I have a tendency to go overboard with such interests- I obsess over them, really, and FlyLady was no different.  I had the control journal, the feather duster, the car duster, the cling, the car magnet, the water bottle, and the book.  Heck, I even had have the licence plate frame.  I lived FlyLady, I breathed FlyLady, I preached FlyLady.  And (as I always do), I burned out.

I gave it another go sometime in the next year, but it was only a half-hearted attempt.  Even though my home was cleaner than it had ever been while on the program, there was just something about it that kept me from sticking with it long-term.  Or maybe the problem was (gulp)- me.  I really don't know, but it is one of the questions that will be pondered more in depth later in this blog. 

So, my mission is this:  To once again begin baby-stepping my way through the FlyLady program and record my progress/failures here.  And I fully expect to fail.  Maybe the third time will be the charm, but I doubt it.  After all, I am a two-time FlyLady Flunky.  I will start Day 1 (shine the sink) tomorrow.  Maybe...

0 comments: