Saturday, June 19, 2010

BabyStep 24: Swishin' and A-Swipin'

Finally!  I've made it to BabyStep 24: Swish and Swipe.  I've actually been doing this off and on the whole time I've been doing this round of FlyLady, but today I officially added it to my morning routine in my Control Journal. 

In the mornings (after I have finished doing anything that may make my bathroom sink messy) I take a disposable disinfecting cloth and wipe down the outside of the toilet (I live with a boy after all), and usually use the washcloth I used to wash my face to do the sink.  I only use washcloths once before washing them (the thought of a used and dried cloth kinda grosses me out) so I figure why not get one more use out of it before it goes into the washing machine anyway? 

I have not been swishing the inside of the toilet bowl with anything on a regular basis yet- I don't want to go the route FlyLady has and keep some cleaner in a container with the brush right there in the bathroom.  I realize it's handy, but my cats would get into that ASAP.  I have read some people use denture cleaner tablets, but I am interesting in trying that Scrubbing Bubbles toilet bowl stamp thing, eliminating any actual effort on my part.  But, being a Google-research/product review freak that I am, I'm going to look into the effectiveness and cost before I run out and buy it. 

I don't really have much else so say tonight.  I'm pretty sure I have narrowed down potential car names to either Betty or Norma Jean.  I'm strongly leaning toward Norma Jean.  (Marilyn Monroe's real name, of course.)  I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to naming things, lord help me when I have kids and have to pick names for them. 

Ta ta for now, no blog post tomorrow night for sure, I'm going back to my parents' house right after work for a Fathers Day dinner at Big Boy, my dad's favorite restaurant.  Cause we're fancy like that. 

4 comments:

Mr. Condescending June 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

I never use a towel or washcloth after using it, it always goes straight to the washer!

There's a restaurant called "Big Boy?"

Hey at least it's not ramen noodles right!?

Chandra June 19, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Yes, there is a resteraunt called Big Boy. It's actually a chain, in some areas it's called Bobs Big Boy, and in some it's owned by a franchise called Frich's.

Mika June 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

My mum taught me to use a sponge to clean the inside of the toilet and to be honest I would avoid this chore if poss. then I discovered a toilet brush (which it looks like Flylady stocks, except my one has a brush holder) that means I don't have to touch the inside of the bowl because it has a second smaller brush that goes up the rim of the toilet. I just squeeze on old shampoo or liquid soap and it cleans the toilet so easily that I don't dread this chore anymore! good luck with your swishing and swiping!

Dawnie June 20, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

I use old shampoo or any cleaning stuff (currently generic lysol) in a container. My cat, though insane about everything else, has never shown an interest. She'd get sick if I used any in-toilet stuff though as she occasionally tries to drink it. Even just a quick swish without cleaner works if you do it daily, though!